SAFEGUARD YOUR DIESEL ENGINE AGAINST WATER AND PARTICLE CONTAMINATION
It’s easy to think that fuel contamination is something that happens “in the bush” but this is simply not true! Did you know that 72% of all diesel fuel injection system failures are caused by water and fuel lubricity problems? Direction Plus™ Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter Kits protect late model common rail diesel engines against costly injector failure.
Installing a Direction Plus™ Pre-Fuel Filter kit between the fuel tank and the O.E.M fuel filter will remove the majority of water and particle contamination. This leaves the O.E.M fuel filter to do the final and finer filtration. This ensures you are maximising the protection of your diesel fuel system.
For the ultimate front-line defence against water and particle contamination, investing in a DirectionPlus™ Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter Kit will protect your investment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
BENEFITS OF FITTING A DIESEL PRE-FILTER KIT:
- Reduce wear & tear and avoid repair costs that can exceed $10,000
- 95% water separation and superior particle removal
- Ability to separate emulsified water from ULSD
- Clear water drainage bowl to easily identify removed water
- Keeps critical engine components clean
- No filter bypass – contaminated fuel will not be sent to the fuel system even when the filter is blocked
Why are pre-filter kits so important to common rail diesel fuel injection systems?
- Designed specifically to cope with our extreme weather conditions and poor fuel quality, they are the perfect choice for drivers in Australia and New Zealand.
- From the humidity of Northern Queensland to the dry cool climate of South Australia and all the way down to frosty Invercargill in New Zealand, the Direction Plus Diesel Fuel Pre-Filter kit will remove water and other contaminants from our Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD).
- ULSD is more susceptible to water emulsification, that is water molecules suspended in diesel which is harder to remove than in traditional diesel fuel. Therefore old technology like sediments work relatively well removing whole water, but struggle with emulsified water, the contaminant you can’t see.
How do you know if your vehicle has water / particle contamination?
- Loss of RPM / power
- Blows excessive smoke
- Has a foul odour
- Shudders and shakes at all speeds
- Suddenly stops while driving / hard to start
- Filter assembly (including water bowl)
- Model-specific laser cut stainless bracket
- Spare filter element
- All hoses required for the application
- Nuts, bolts, washers & clamps
- Installation instructions
- LED water sensor (optional)
- Hand primer (optional)
*Contents may differ based on fitment application and component availability
To suit - Ranger WEAT & WLAT 2007 to 2011